Consent to future communications and email offers
Participants attest that any personal information collected from the participants through the Services is correct and complete. The participant further represents that registered information is correct, up-to-date, and complete at the time of participation. If AmericanProf.com/ScholarBar Publishing Inc determines in its sole discretion that the registered information is not accurate or complete, then AmericanProf.com/ScholarBar Publishing Inc is entitled to delete the participant’s data and prohibit the participant’s further use of the Services.
(C) Changes to Site. The company may change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of the Site at any time, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
2. User Content and Conduct; Community Guidelines
The following terms apply to content submitted by users, and user conduct, on the Site's Interactive Areas, including article submission pages:
(B) Community Guidelines. By submitting any User Content or participating in an Interactive Area within or in connection with the Site, you agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
- User/Member agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that:
- Violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others.
- User/Member know to be false, misleading or inaccurate.
- Abstain from blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
- Abstain from blatant expressions of or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd.
- Violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Advocates violent behavior.
- Poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety.
- Contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitive, prurient, or gratuitous purposes.
- Is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you.
- User/Member shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by ScholarBar Inc/AmericanProf.com, at its sole discretion, to have violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on the Site.
- Does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area.
- Contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials with respect to products or services, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- User/Member agrees not to engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability.
- User/Member agree that if necessary, you have the consent of each and every identifiable natural person in any submission to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Site.
- User/Member agree that any person who submits an article is not entitled to any compensation by ScholarBar Inc/AmericanProf.com;
- Agrees not to submit any intellectual property that is not their own original work; in the event of this action, User/Member agrees to completely indemnify ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com, all officers, employees, contributors or staff for any wrong-doing harmless for such actions.
- User/Member agrees not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, ScholarBar Inc/AmericanProf.com, employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- User agrees not to represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com, endorsement of User Content.
- User/Member agree not to interfere with any other user's right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about the Site users or posting private information about a third party.
- User/Member agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
- User/Member agrees not to interfere with or disrupt the Site or the servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
- User/Member agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Site, use the Site, or access to the Site.
- User/Member agree not to use any service, technology or automated system to artificially inflate the page views that your User Content receives. This includes pay-per-click services, web "robots" and any other current or future technologies. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
- User/Member agree not to use any technology, service or automated system to post more User Content than an individual could upload in a given period of time. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
Any conduct that, at the discretion of, ScholarBar Inc/AmericanProf.com, restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted. ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit User Content by Under/Members and to terminate said accounts for any reason.
ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Content and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions other users may take as a result of reading User Content posted on the Site.
Through use of member/user Interactive Areas, users may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using Interactive Areas, you assume all associated risks.
(E) The decision by ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com to monitor and/or modify User Content does not constitute nor shall it be deemed to constitute any responsibility or liability in any manner on the part of ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com in connection with or arising from use by you of Interactive Areas on the Site.
(E) Moral Rights. If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Content, User/Member hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Content by ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the User Content; and (d) you forever release ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com by virtue of any such moral rights. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the User Content for that user's personal use.
3. Copyright Ownership.
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com owns copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download copyrighted material for your personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, re transmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
4. Third Party Content.
ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com is a distributor (and not a publisher or creator) of content supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers or users of the Site, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of C ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com NN. Neither ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. (Refer to Section 6 below for the complete provisions governing limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty.)
In many instances, the content available through the Site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective user or information provider not under contract with ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com. ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site by any third party. Under no circumstances will ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through the Site. ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com is not responsible for any actions or inaction on your part based on the information that is presented on the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
5. Advertisements and Promotions.
ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
(A) User/Members EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com, ITS PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENT(S), SUBSIDIARIES, OR RELATED ENTITIES (NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
(C) THE SITE MAY OFFER ACADEMIC AND OP-ED INFORMATION, BUT SUCH INFORMATION IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE DOES NOT AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY SPECIFIC ADVICE AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ACADEMIC PRACTICE. USER/MEMBERS AGREE IT ANYADVICE OBTAINED ON THIS SITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR MATTERS OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCHOLARBAR/AMERICANPROF.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER AND/OR DEVICE OR TECHNOLOGY FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR FOR ANY FORM OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES BASED ON ANY CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SITE OR ANY ALLEGED FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN SERVICE, OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION OF THE SITES, OR ANY ALLEGED COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, AND/OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF OR POSTING OF ANY RECORD, CONTENT, OR TECHNOLOGY, PERTAINING TO OR ON THE SITES. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHEHER SUCH ALLEGATIONS ARE FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR FALL UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF TURNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FORGEOING, YOU ALSO SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TURNER IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL OR ALLEGED DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE SITES OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
(F) ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com disclaims any and all liability of any kind for any unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information. By accessing the Site, you acknowledge and agree to ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com disclaimer of any such liability. If you do not agree, you should not access or use the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use of the Site by you or your Account. ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com reserves the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com.
ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, own all rights to their logos and trademarks used in connection with the Site. All other logos and trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
10. Governing Law.
The content, data, video, and all other material and features on the Site are presented for the purpose of providing entertainment, news and/or information and/or promoting programs, films, music, games, and other products and/or services that are or may become available in the United States, its territories, possessions, and protectorates. Any and all disputes, claims and controversies arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Sites, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Sites shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws and decisions of, County of Pinellas, the State of Florida, applicable to contracts made, entered into and performed entirely therein, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
11. Disputes/Arbitration. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY
To the extent that ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com has your contact information, it will send any such notice to you by U.S. Mail, or otherwise to your email address. ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com and you will attempt to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy through informal negotiation within thirty (90) days from the date that any notice of dispute, claim, or controversy is sent. ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com and you shall use reasonable, good faith, efforts to settle any dispute, claim, or controversy through consultation and good faith negotiations. After 30 days, ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com or you may resort to the other alternatives described in this Section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the notice and 90 day negotiation period required by this paragraph shall not apply, however, to disputes, claims, or controversies concerning patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets and claims of piracy or unauthorized use of the Sites.
12. Copyrights and Copyright Agent.
ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide ScholarBar Inc/ AmericanProf.com Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.